Besides, you can also use JS for server-side programming with Node.js, a multi-platform runtime environment.
You can use HTML, CSS, and JS together to create dynamic, interactive web pages.
- Continuous improvement: It’s constantly evolving, with new features and updates being released regularly.
What Can You Do with JS
- Revealing or hiding menu information
- Hovering effect of the mouse pointer, such as change of color or shape
- Playing media files
- Zooming in or zooming out of picture files
- Drop-down menu
- Timer or countdown clock
- Image carousel or slider on the banner
2. Web & Mobile Apps
3. Desktop Apps
- WebTorrent: A popular torrent client
- WordPress: An app for a seamless cross-platform blogging experience
- Ghost: A next-gen media and news publishing app
- Beaker: An open-source browser for geeks
- Pexels: A great source of royalty-free images for content creators
- Slack: A popular business messenger app
- WhatsApp: One of the world’s most popular messenger apps owned by Meta
4. Game Development
Examples include Phaser, Pixi.js, melonJS, kiwi.js, craftyjs, and Three.js. These engines make it easier to create games, and they also provide additional features, such as physics and animation.
2D and 3D Games
5. Single Page Applications
- Separation of Concerns (SoC)
- Virtual DOM
- Great performance
- Object-oriented paradigm
6. Data Visualization
The global data visualization market is expected to reach $7.76 billion by 2023, reported Statista.
7. Interactive UX
- A map, which is one of the most frequently used interactive elements for websites; you can include an embedded map in your website to show your office locations to users.
- Custom scrolling with variable speed
- Interactive animations, such as pop-up animations when users click a button
- Responsive charts or graphs, which users can adjust with easy-to-use sliders
- Heat maps to show real-time user activity
- Animated short films or video clips
- Responsive full-screen background videos
Overall, an interactive user interface will significantly improve the quality of user experience on your website.
8. Plugins for Popular Applications
9. Serverless Functions
The serverless model does not require the traditional server process. Instead, the model uses several third-party services or functions to run the operations. The model is highly cost-effective and secure for clients.
10. Artificial Intelligence apps
Machine Learning And Neural Networks
- Convenient model building with high-level API and quick iteration
- Running powerful cloud-based or on-premise research experiments
- Quick production of machine learning across any platforms or browsers
Automatically Find Bugs
Fuzz testing is another powerful AI-powered bug detection method where developers input random data into a program to see how it behaves. Node-fuzz is a popular node module to perform fuzz-testing, which is used by Google and Facebook.
In addition, AI-powered chatbots can also be programmed to detect user sentiment, such as feelings of sadness, anger, or happiness.
11. Virtual Reality (VR) apps