Besides, you can also use JS to create server-side code with Node.js, a multi-platform runtime environment.
You can use HTML, CSS, and JS together to create dynamic, interactive web pages.
- Continuous improvement: It’s constantly evolving, with new features and updates being released regularly.
What Can You Do with JS
- Revealing or hiding menu information
- The hovering effect of the mouse pointer
- Playing media files
- Zooming in/out of picture files
- Drop-down menu
- Timer or countdown clock
- Image carousels and sliders
2. Web & Mobile Apps
3. Desktop Apps
4. Game Development
Examples include Phaser, Pixi.js, melonJS, kiwi.js, craftyjs, and Three.js. These engines make it easier to develop games, and they also provide additional features, such as physics and animation.
2D and 3D Games
5. Single Page Applications
- Separation of Concerns (SoC)
- Virtual DOM
- Great performance
- Object-oriented paradigm
6. Data Visualization
The global data visualization market is expected to reach $7.76 billion by 2023, reported Statista.
7. Interactive UX
- Embedded maps, that are frequently used as interactive elements for websites (like ones with office locations)
- Custom scrolling with variable speed
- Pop-up animations when users click a button
- Responsive charts or graphs
- Heat maps to show real-time user activity
- Animated short videos and clips
Overall, an interactive user interface will significantly improve the quality of user experience on your website.
8. Plugins for Popular Applications
9. Serverless Functions
The serverless model does not require the traditional server process. Instead, the model uses several third-party services or functions to run the operations. The model is highly cost-effective and secure for clients.
10. Artificial Intelligence Apps
Machine Learning And Neural Networks
- Convenient model building with high-level API and quick iteration
- Running powerful cloud-based or on-premise research experiments
- Quick production of machine learning across any platforms or browsers
Automatically Find Bugs
Fuzz testing is another powerful AI-powered bug detection method where developers input random data into a program to see how it behaves. Node-fuzz is a popular node module to perform fuzz-testing, which is used by Google and Facebook.
In addition, AI-powered chatbots can also be programmed to detect user sentiments, such as feelings of sadness, anger, or happiness.
11. Virtual Reality (VR) Apps